If your shipment requires dedicated equipment or special handling—in cases of trade show logistics, motorcycle shipping, or military freight projects—you need specialized freight services.
WHAT TYPES OF “SPECIALIZED SERVICES” ARE AVAILABLE?
TIME CRITICAL OR EXPEDITED FREIGHT
Expedited freight service is for urgent or time-sensitive loads. Predominately used by supply chains, expedited freight moves as priority freight. Trucks shipping expedited freight rarely stop along the way.
WHITE GLOVE SERVICE
Everything is taken care of for you. Your item is picked up from its location and delivered as requested. All packaging and unpackaging is included.
Tradeshows, expos, and conventions require special arrangements to ensure proper handling and timely delivery.
BLANKET WRAP FREIGHT
Your fragile, oversized, or complex items are wrapped in blankets and transported by a blanket wrap carrier.
Oversize freight sometimes requires special trucks or handling equipment, as well as permitting or packaging requirements.
Whether shipping furniture purchased online or direct to customers, furniture shipping involves paperwork, tracking and status notifications, proper packing, and delivery.
WHAT TYPES OF FREIGHT REQUIRE SPECIALIZED SERVICES?
– Fragile, oversized, or complex items that need an additional layer of protection, such as:
- Sensitive electronics and devices: office equipment or medical devices and instruments—anything sensitive to bumps, jolts, or knocks
- Fragile robotics and industrial equipment: complex machinery with moving parts that require extra protection from jostling or pinging
- Commercial refrigeration and restaurant equipment: large, bulky items that require extra padding and protection from damage and dents
- Fixtures, furniture, and fragile goods: retail store fixtures, hotel furniture, casino gaming equipment, exercise equipment, residential and hotel furniture, household goods such as mirrors, glass, or pottery, and even Great Grandma’s precious antique chandelier
– Trade show exhibits, which need to be protected and pristine upon arrival for the ultimate high-impact presentation
– Motorcycles, which may require a fully enclosed ride, air-suspension trucking, tilt-free storage, and more
– Supply chain transactions, including both input materials and finished products, moving items from origin to destination throughout the supply chain
– Military freight projects that require specific paperwork, processes, and pricing, such as special SDDC authorizations